Saturday 20 June 2015

Gossip Malaysia: Nazri Will Not Defend Najib This Time


Nazri Aziz said he would shut up this time when Najib Razak was being pressured to resign by Dr Mahathir Mohamad because he was labeled “kurang ajar” (disrespectful) for defending former prime minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi from being ousted by the same man.
 
“I was vilified and scolded by Umno because they said I was ‘kurang ajar’, I was disrespectful,” the minister of tourism and culture told Malaysiakini in an exclusive interview.

“Back then, he (Mahathir) told us all when Tengku Razaleigh (Hamzah) was attacking him that on a ship, there is only one captain.

“So I was just following his advice. So I defended Pak Lah (Abdullah) as advised by Mahathir. What did I do wrong?”

Nazri said he was now going to remain silent since all of Umno was already on the defensive against Mahathir's latest attacks, who had not let up in his efforts to unseat Najib.

“I just watch from the sidelines. Because that is his free speech. I attacked him once, I was told to stop. When he criticises (now), I keep quiet because that is his free speech,” he told the news portal.

However, Nazri did admit that Mahathir’s words carried weight and that people took serious notice of the debt-ridden 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) after Mahathir starting criticizing about it extensively.

“Certainly it added pressure because Mahathir was our PM for 22 years, so he has a firm credibility. But we can’t sit down and let him do this, we need to work harder,” Nazri said, cautioning however that not all the former leader said was the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment