Sunday 23 August 2020

The New Normal Sunday

In the past, I'll be getting ready to drive 20 minutes from home to attend the 10.30am service at church. I'll be turn on radio via wifi to listen to my favourite Malaysian radio station 988 while driving. This time is also my favourite segment which the DJ broadcasts all the classic old songs from the 80s and 90s.

Fast forward to today when the whole of Melbourne is still in Stage 4 Restriction Lock Down, I'm sitting at home eating my breakfast, typing these words, watching the rain drops dripping from the leaked gutter above me and of course still listening to my favourite station, currently playing the classic from Anita Mui. I'll be attending online worship in a short while.

How life has changed overnight due to Covid-19. Churches are empty and everyone is worshiping from home. At least there is no more excuse not to go to church on Sunday! Well there is always some people managed to come up with creative excuse every now and then.

All the GOD fearing Christians believe that the universe's every moves is being pre-planned by the Great Almighty. Therefore let's take this opportunity of more time that is made available to us during this pandemic and ponder upon this question: 'What is GOD's plan in all this?"

The excuse of not attending church is now being taken away from us as we can worship through internet from home. Unless someone come up with a lame excuse that his/ her computer broke down every Sunday morning! So no more excuse and we have to face GOD out in the open now. If anything, I think we now have the rare opportunity of being frank with ourselves and sincerely get to know GOD during this trying times. Ask Him what He wants from you out of this pandemic. There must be a reason why we suddenly have so much time at our disposal.

For me, the message I get is that I need to share my spiritual experience and that's why I'm writing this post now. We have to allocate this time fully to GOD. There are so many ways we can do that. We can sing and worship Him, we can fully immerse ourselves in the Bible, we can listen to sermon online, we can express our gratitude by listing all the good things around us on a piece of paper, we can refrain from having a bad feeling to anyone during this time and so much more. It is really not much to ask considering that we only reserve one Sunday morning to Him. If all the above is too hard for you, then at least stop thinking about your work, hobbies or entertainment during this time. Just find yourself a nice and quiet place to sit down and meditate. Use this precious moment to calm yourself down and just enjoy the wonderful experience while meditate to focus on GOD.

Don't waste this free time that is now available to us. Use it wisely. Don't ask what you want, ask what He wants instead. Happy Worship!



No comments:

Post a Comment